Sunday, September 14, 2008

Let's call it a BLOWOUT!

Yesterday was the BEST DAY EVER!
We left Davis County about 9:30 a.m. and arrived at the Marriott Center Parking Lot in about an hour to join other Cougar fans in anticipation of the upcoming game.
We ate, played bean bag toss and spent time with Cougar Board folks. "Wear white on Sunday, Blue on Game Day" shirts were distributed to hundreds of fans. We proudly wore ours to the game. I think I'll wear this shirt at every game - my good luck t-shirt!


Brit and Ryan had fun throwing bean bags but Rob and Matt got fairly competitive with those folks who were brave enough to challenge them.



I guess you have to eat on your tail gate (or facsimile) to call it a "Tail Gate Party."

After Britton had his 2nd quarter nap, he was ready to smile for grandma - not.

PROOF: BYU - 59 / UCLA - 0
Max Hall threw 7 touchdowns to 4 different players. Offensive and Defensive teams played to near perfection. No stupid mistakes - perfect passes, catches, tackles, running plays all while pressuring UCLA to make fortuitious mistakes which allowed us to quickly score.
None of us were in a hurry to leave Lavell Edwards stadium.

We were enjoying basking in the glow of victory!




My boys enthusiastically replaying touchdowns, scores and amazing plays.

Unfortunately, we sit 9 rows apart so don't get to communicate during the game.

Cute Aubrey and Alison sit far away from us with Daniel. They had a great time too. Aubrey sent me a text during the game that said; "THIS IS THE BEST GAME EVER!" Truer words were never (almost) spoken.

We were starving since we used so many calories yelling, jumping, high-fiving and singing the Cougar Fight Song so many times! We've never stopped for a meal after a game before but today was worth celebrating.

What a terrific day. I really can't remember when I've had so much fun. Spending time with my kids is always great but a day with my sons, grandsons and 65,000 Cougar fans watching the Cougs shut out a Pac 10 Team was one to remember!

Wouldn't it be awesome if we have some more days like this again this season?

3 comments:

Meghan said...

almost the best day ever in davis county, fatherless for 12 hours.... but really, i am glad you all go and have a great time together. and on tv - blowout = booring, but i know you would far prefer that over a tight win.

erin said...

Fun post... way too much blue!! Where's my shirt? Glad you guys and my momma had so much fun!

Charlie Cooper said...

I expected to see some temple pictures on here that I could steal. I guess I'll have to keep checking